Do you want more insight than just the number of visitors who have visited the website via your UTM codes? By linking your Google Analytics account to your UTM Star account, you can easily gain more insight.
What you learn about your visitors
- The number of pages visited on your website.
- The bounce rate. How many visitors visited only one page.
- How much time the visitor spent on your website.
- Whether and how many goals have been achieved by the visitor.
Linking Google Analytics (in 5 steps)
Time needed: 1 minute.
An important part of UTM tracking is gaining insight. Linking the Google Analytics account makes this possible. Read below how you can link a Google Analytics account to UTM Star:
- Login to UTM Star
Log in or create a free account
- Connect Google Analytics
Click on the “Dashboard” or “Connect Google Analytics” button
- Select the right Google account
Log in with your Google account that has access to the right Google Analytics profile
- Which account or view contains the right data
Select the right Google Analytics account/view.
- Confirm that UTM Star can view your marketing data
Your Google Analytics data is yours and won’t be saved or stored.
Done: you can now view the data per UTM code in your dashboard.
Points of attention:
- You must have a Google account (email address and password) that has access to the Google Analytics account you want to link.
- The data only becomes visible if it is visible in the regular reports of Google Analytics.
Link different Google Analytics views
If you manage multiple projects with multiple domains. Then link each project to the correct Google Analytics view. This allows you to see how the campaign performs per project (domain).